MEET OUR EXECUTIVES (2017-2019)
PROFILE OF THE 21ST MWAN PRESIDENT – DR OMOWUNMI QUBRAT BAKARE,
MBBS; MPH; FMCPH
Dr Omowunmi Bakare was born over fifty years ago in Isale Gangan, Ita-Akanni area of Lagos Island to the family of Alhaji Sabiu and Alhaja Sidikat Ajisomo of blessed memory. She had her early education at Ojuelegba Primary School, Surulere and Ladi-Lak Nursery & Primary School, Yaba. Her Secondary education was Lagos State Government College Ojo and the Advenced level of education at Federal Government College, Ijanikin.
Dr Omowunmi Bakare is an alumnus of the prestigious College of Medicine of the University of Lagos (CMUL) and obtained the MBBS degree in 1989. Housemanship and the National Youth Service Corp were at Ogun State University Teaching Hospital Sagamu and Occupational Health Clinic at Nigerian Telecommunication Ltd (NITEL), Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Dr Bakare worked briefly in the private sector before joining the services of the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara state in 1996. She enrolled for and obtained Masters in Public Health (MPH) degree and the Residency training programme in 2000 and 2008 respectively.
Dr Omowunmi Bakare commenced her working career with the Lagos State Governmnt in the Ministry of Health in 2001 as a Medical Officer and working meritoriously in different departments and units until 2014 when she transferred her services to the Ministry of Education (Lagos State University College of Medicine Ikeja). In the Ministry of Health, she was a Deputy Director/Acting Director in the directorate of Disease Control, Programme officer for Non-communicable Disease (NCDs) Control programme, Malaria Control Programme, Cervical Cancer Control programme, Safemotherhood Coordinator, Rural Health Programme Coordinator etc. She served in several committees at the Ministry of Health – Lagos State Malaria, Technical and Advocacy Committee (LASMARTAC), Lagos State Health Research Committee etc.
Dr Bakare is a Consultant Public Health Physician and currently works as a Lecturer at the Department of Community Health & Primary Health Care at the Lagos State University College of Medicine, Ikeja. She is also an Honorary Consultant to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Ikeja. She has attended and presented conference papers at local, regional and international conferences organized by MWAN and MWIA.
She is married to a friend and helpmate, Mr Olanrewaju Sule Bakare and blessed with three beautiful adults.
ACTIVITIES IN MEDICAL WOMEN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (MWAN)
- Internal Auditor – 2009 – 2011 MWAN Lagos State
- Attended the 28th International Congress of the Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA), July 2010, Munster, Germany.
- LOC member – 17th Biennial Conference and 2011 General Assembly
- National Financial Secretary – 2011 – 2013
- Attended and presented a scientific paper at the 29th International Congress of the Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA), July 2013, Seoul, South Korea.
- LOC Chairman – 2014 AGSM & Conference Lagos State
- Attended the MWIA Regional Conference, 2015 Accra, Ghana.
- LOC member – 2015 19th Biennial Conference & AGM Lagos State
- Attended the 30th International Congress of the Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA), August 2016, Vienna, Austria.
- Attended and presented a scientific paper at the 20th MWAN Biennial Conference, Abuja, Nigeria.
- President Elect – 2015 – 2017 MWAN Lagos state
OTHER ACTIVITIES RELEVANT TO SERVICE TO HUMANITY
- Member, Implementation Committee on the Environmental Assessment of Lagos State University College of Medicine Students’ Hostels – 2017
- Member, Transformation of Lagos State University College of Medicine Committee – 2017
- Member, NMA Travel Medicine Committee – 2015
- Member, Association of Public Health Physician of Nigeria, Lagos State branch
- Member, Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN) Lagos State University Teaching Hospital.
- Member, Rotary International (Omole Golden Rotary Club)
- Chairman, Polio Plus Committee – 2011 – 2017
- Chairman Parents Teachers Association (PTA) – Unique Health Junior & Senior High School, Magodo- Isheri, Lagos – 2012 – 2014
- Welfare Secretary – Ijaiye Housing Estate Association (IHEMA) 2000 – 2002
- Assistant Secretary – Magodo GRA Resident Association, Magodo –Isheri
- Education Secretary – Ijaiye Housing Estate Association (IHEMA) 2014 – to date.
DR BEEE – VISION FOR MWAN
- D – Dedication to MWAN ideals and goals
- R – Resourcefulness
- B – Bridge building and beneficial members welfare
- E – Excellent and Inspirational leadership
- E – Effective Partnership with relevant stakeholders and interest groups
- E – Enviable character, Maturity, Accountability, Transparency & Increased Visibility for MWAN and it activities.
Dr Frances Oluwafunmilayo AJOSE
MBBS(Lagos),MRCP(UK), FRCP(Lond),DTM&H(Lond), D.DERM(Lond) FAAD(USA)
Dr Frances Ajose is a Consultant Physician Dermatologist at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Ikeja, and an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Lagos State University College of Medicine. Prior to this she was for 14years the Physician and Head of Medical Services at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Ibadan, an arm of the United Nations.
Dr Ajose’s other administrative experience includes Headship of the Department of Medicine LASUCOM for over 3years, The Manager Department of Medicine Lagos State University Teaching Hospital for 3years
She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London, Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Member of the British Association of Dermatologists, Member African Society for Dermatology and Venereology Member, Nigerian Association of Dermatologists and Member Nigerian Medical Association.
Her academic contributions are in the areas of psycho-dermatology, phyto-dermatology, skin physiology as well as Pigmentary Disorders of the skin.
Her working experience include various hospital positions in London, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Bristol, Sunderland and Kent in the UK, and LUTH and General Hospital Lagos
She was educated at the Lagos Anglican Girls School Broad Street, Lagos; Queens College Yaba; the University of Lagos College of Medicine; the University of London Institute of Dermatology; University of London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Board for Medicine. An Advance Diplomate of the Lagos Anglican Bible College and graduate of The Equipping the Saints Ministry, Dr Ajose also holds a Professional Certificate in Cordon Bleu Cookery,
Dr Mrs AJOSE is a Christian, a Diocesan LayReader at the Cathedral Church of Christ Marina Lagos, where she is a member of the Busy Bees Society, the Medical Society and the Mothers Union. She is the President Queens College Old Girls Association, President of The Busy Bees Society of Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral and Board member the Clinic of that church.
Dr Mrs Frances Oluwafunmilayo AJOSE, whose hobbies include contemporary music, dancing, cooking and golfing is a mother of four graduates one of whom is also a Dermatologist.
DR YEMISI KILA
Senior Registrar, Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, LASUTH
Past Internal Auditor 2014 -2015
Past Assistant Secretary 2016-2017
Chairperson, LOC 20th Biennial Conference 2017.
Attended MWAN Local and Regional conferences
DR ODEGBAMI OMOBOLAJI
Registrar, Department of Community Medicine and Primary Health Care, LASUTH, Ikeja
Member LOC 20th Lagos Biennial conference 2017
Attended MWAN Local and Regional Conferences
DR FUNMI IGE
Head, Department Of Anaesthesia, General Hospital Orile Agege.
Past Secretary General 2013-2015
Attended Several Local, Regional And International Conferences
Member, LOC 20th Lagos Biennial Conference 2017
DR TEMITAYO ISHOLA
Head, Department of Paediatrics Ebute Metta Comprehensive Health Centre
Past Assistant Secretary 2013-2015
Past Newsletter Editor/Protocol Officer 2015-2017.
Attended Local and Regional Conferences
Member, LOC 20th Biennial Conference 2017
DR ELOCHUKWU UKATU
Consultant Public Health Physician, Department Of Community Health & Primary Health Care, LASUTH, Ikeja
Attended Mwan Conferences In The State
Member, LOC 20th MWAN Biennial Conference 2017
DR. MARTINA AGBERIEN
Deputy Director Medical, Nigerian Television Authority, Lagos
Supported MWAN on Several Health Screening Campaigns
Successfully mobilised the Media To Project MWAN Activities
Attended MWAN local conferences
Member, LOC 20TH Biennial Conference 2017
DR MAYMUNAH KADIRI
Popularly referred to as the “Celebrity Shrink”
Medical Director And Psychiatrist-in-chief, Pinnacle Medical Services, Lagos
Founder, Pinnacle Health Radio, African #1 Online Health Radio
Founder, Pinnacle Medical SPEAKOUT INITIATIVE
Attended MWAN Local and International Conferences
DR AJOKE ADEWOLE
Registrar, Department Of Community Health And Primary Health Care, LUTH
Member, LOC 20th Biennial Conference 2017
Attended MWAN Local Conferences
Dr Modupe Abiola – Immediate Past President
Dr Yetunde Oludare – Immediate Past Secretary
Dr Rukayat Ajibola-Bakare – Immediate Past Treasurer
Only For Female Doctors and Medical Students